I always ate a version of grilled romaine out at restaurants and loved it. It's probably even better on the BBQ, but it was cold out so I just used my cast iron. This would be a great dish to serve for a dinner party as well.
- 1 head of romaine, sliced in half crosswise
- avocado spray (I use Chosen foods)
- 6 tbsp cold pressed olive oil (I used 23 Degrees check them out)
- 1 tbsp stone ground mustard
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Option- top with capers, fresh parmesan, or red pepper flakes
Whisk all dressing ingredients until smooth. Top grilled romaine before serving.
Heat cast iron to medium-high heat. Spray avocado oil in pan, place romaine in pan, grill for about 2-3 minutes each side. You could also do this on BBQ!
Add dressing, and optional toppings.