This soup is very comforting and with the toppings, so YUM. I made it to heal your gut, and also boost your immunity and reduce inflammation. Your kids will even love it!
- 4 cups homemade bone broth, or buy from a local company in frozen section
- 4 tablespoon ghee/ grass fed butter
- 1 large butternut squash (for my busy ppl, they sell pre cut butternut at Costco and Trader Joes)
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- kale chips (for topping)
- goat cheese (for topping)
- pumpkin seeds (for topping)
- pasture raised bacon (for topping)
- add cayenne on top for some extra heat!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Toss cut up butternut squash with avocado oil in a large bowl. Arrange coated squash on a baking sheet.
- Roast in oven until squash is tender and lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Saute garlic, onion, all spices, and a little broth until soft, 4-6 minutes
- Add to a blender with your roasted squash.
- Blend until smooth, add broth to help get it smooth.
- Put all the blended ingredients plus remainder of the broth in a stockpot and let cook down 10-15 minutes on low heat.
- While this is simmering, I cooked my bacon and you can quickly make kale chips.
- Pour soup in a bowl, top with bacon, goat cheese, kale chips, and pumpkin seeds!