I am so excited to share this hearty recipe with you because it turned out amazing. We ended up eating the leftovers for dinner the next day and now looking back I should have poached an egg on top! This recipe is very nutrient filled, with robust flavors it is very satisfying for those cold winter days, I can't wait to make it on my next snow trip! I also made GF cornbread, GMO free of course, with lots of butter, recipe is still in the works, a little dry.
Takes about 45 minutes total
- 4 strips bacon
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1 small zucchini, cubes
- 8-10 crimini mushrooms
- 1 jalepeno, thinly chopped
- 1 large can organic stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups bone broth
- 1 can organic white Tuscan beans
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Pepper and Himaylean salt to taste
- 1 tsp Four Sigmatic Superfood Blend (use code TVW2017 for discount)
- Raw cheddar cheese (shredded to top)
- Chives, cilantro or micrograms to top
Cook bacon in the pot you will make your soup in. Cook bacon until crispy, remove to a plate. In oil from bacon, sauté onions until translucent 2-3 minutes. Add ground beef and spices and cook until browned. Add mushrooms, zucchini, tomatoes, jalapeños, broth, and cook for about 20-25 minutes at med- low temperature.
Add beans (I do not like to cook precooked beans too long or they get mushy) and then if you are using superfood see note below.
Top with greens, cheese, a dollop of Greek yogurt or nothing at all.