k a l e c a e s a r
by Torie Borrelli
Serves 6 | Cooking/Prep Time: 12 minutes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 6 olive oil-packed anchovy fillets
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 large egg yolk (pasture raised)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- ⅔ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt to taste
- 1½ cups extra virgin olive oil
- 2 heads (about 1 lb.) lactino kale, center stems removed and leaves torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
Place first seven salad ingredients in a blender & blend. With the blender running, add ½ cup of the olive oil at a time, to create a smooth emulsion. When all the oil is incorporated, season the dressing to taste with additional salt and lemon juice. Add water to thin the dressing to desired consistency.
In a large bowl, toss the kale, red chili flakes, and the dressing to taste. Reserve any extra dressing for another use. Add extra grated or shaved Parmesan as an option. Toss again and serve.
T O R I E T I P S : Because raw kale is more rigid and tough on the mouth than most lettuces, I like to put the finished salad in the fridge for 15 minutes before serving. This gives the lemon time to break down the kale to a delectable crunch.
Did you know pasture-raised eggs are safe to consume raw & provide amino acids & B vitamins?!
P s s s s t ! Did you know TVW posts a new recipe on Instagram every Sunday?!