Time: 15 min + 15 min bake
- 2 (8 ounce) fillets of wild salmon
- 1 cup walnuts (feel free to substitute mac nuts, pecans or almonds)
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup loose dill
- ¼ cup loose leaf parsley
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil, XCT or Avo oil
- 2 tsp stone ground mustard
- Place walnuts in food processor; coarsely chop. Add herbs, garlic and oil; pulse until crumbly. Mixture should stick together.
- Arrange salmon fillets skin side down on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Rub each filet with mustard.
- Spoon 1/3 cup of walnut flake mixture over each fillet; gently press the flake mixture into the surface of the fish.
- Bake at 350 degrees 15 to 20 minutes, or until salmon flakes with a fork. Just before serving, sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
Marinated Veggie Salad
Time: 15 min + 30 min marinade
- 2 small to medium zucchini (about 1 1/2 pounds total), trimmed
- 2 small cucumber, sliced thinly (or use mandoline )
- 1/2 finely chopped small white onion
- ½ cup (loosely packed) fresh herbs of choice; mint, parsley, basil leaves, coarsely chopped, divided in half
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil or sub XCT oil for fat burning boost
- Salt and pepper to taste
- *Add ½ avocado for my active people
Using mandoline or knife and working with zucchini and then cucumber, thinly slice lengthwise. Place slices in medium bowl.
Add onion, 1/2 of chopped herbs, and lemon peel.
Whisk lemon juice, vinegar and oil in small bowl, then pour over zucchini mixture; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Cover zucchini mixture and refrigerate at least 30 min and up to 3 hours.
Sprinkle remaining chopped herbs over salad and toss to coat.