There are so many myths that come along with nutrition. Everything from a new cleanse to a LA celebrity trend, a food product that will help you slim down, and of course the supplements that make you feel 20 years old again. Fortunately that's where my job comes in, I am here to give you the quality research that matters and the facts that will make us thrive!
The TRUTH is that SUGAR is highly addictive, and many studies show it just might be as addictive as cocaine and other drugs.
Where did it start?
Sugar was brought to the Americas by Christopher Columbus and during that time sugar was processed by leaving “raw” sugar crystals behind after the water evaporated. These crystals contained protein, fiber, vitamins, and mineral. Unfortunately, today, we very rarely see this type of sugar.
Refined sugar has NO nutritional value. Sugar addiction is a biological disorder, driven by hormones and neurotransmitters that fuel sugar and carb cravings. It’s why nearly 70 percent of Americans and 40 percent of kids are overweight.
You name it, all the issues we see today are caused by sugar; acne, obesity, heart disease, cancer, Alzheimer's, diabetes, depression, low energy, infertility and more...
Just how bad is the addiction?
The Centers for Disease Control project double- or triple-fold increase in the proportions of Americans with diabetes by 2050. On the low end, a study published in Population Health Metrics projects 21% of Americans will have diabetes. On the high end ... 33%.
So why did this happen, why were we not educated on this?
It is sad but it is true, it is all about the $$. In a recent New York Times article, it stated that the controlling Sugar Companies paid Harvard Scientists topublish old studies on sugar, fat and heart disease.
Coca Cola, the world’s largest producer of sugary beverages did the same thing, they provided millions of dollars in funding to researchers who sought to play down the link between sugary drinks and the obesity epidemic. MESSED UP RIGHT?
Are you addicted? Should YOU Quit sugar?
· Do you get an energy slump in the afternoon?
· Do you need something sweet after lunch or dinner?
· Does your stomach get bloated after eating?
· Are you unable to eat just one piece of candy and walk away?
· Do you carry “weight” around the middle, maybe thin everywhere else?
· Do you often feel brain fog? Inability to concentrate?
· Do you want to lose weight?
· Do you have an autoimmune issue and wonder if quitting sugar might make a difference?
Quick tips on how to kick that sugar!
- Increase healthy fats, for example start your day with a Bulletproof Coffee or Tea
- Start your day with a big glass of my Alkalinizing drink
- Practice intermittent fasting for a couple days after your indulgence
- Drink plenty of water to flush it out
- Work on gut health, add fermented foods
- Eliminate all simple carbohydrates and sugars from your diet
- Eat more leafy greens + veggies with fiber
- Make sure you are supporting your detox pathways, that includes going to the bathroom!
- Get sweating! Hot yoga, HIIT, or an infrared sauna!
It takes 10 days (or less), to detox from sugar, to break the addictive cycle of carb and sugar cravings that robs us of our health, to kick that sugars a$$.
Want to reset your body and rid sugar for good? Scared you are suffering with candida? I can create a personalized meal plan for you here.