Check, check it! TVW's Whiskey Chai featured on the Organic Authority's Fabulous Holiday Cocktail List!!!
This holiday warmed cocktail is a crowd pleaser and a healthy alternative to the sugar laden drinks that are usually served. Plus, its dairy-free and man do the spices fill the air with deliciousness.
Drink: Whisky Chai
2 cinnamon sticks, broken into pieces
20 black peppercorns
16 whole cloves
8 cardamom pods, seeds removed from the pod
1 tsp ground ginger
pinch of freshly grated nutmeg (can also use ground)
4 cups organic coconut milk (make sure you shake it really good)
¼ cup local honey or stevia to taste
1 tbsp loose black tea
3 ounces bourbon or rye whisky ( I highly recommend using an organic liquor)
1. In a spice grinder or mortal, pulse all of the spices into a powder.
2. In a saucepan, bring milk to a simmer. Remove from heat and add spices, sweetener, and tea and let stand for 10 minutes.
3. Strain the chai into a bowl. Wipeout saucepan.
4. Return the chai to the saucepan and reheat over medium heat, whisk it to get it frothy.
5. Stir in whiskey and serve hot.
6. Top with spices or cinnamon stick for garnish.
ORGANIC & NON-GMO OPTIONS: Buffalo Trace Bourbon, Venis Spirits, Slow Hand Whiskey, & Bainbridge Organic Distillers)