Recipe collab with chef Taylor Berk check out her amazing healthy recipes here
Makes 18 Cookies
- 1.5 cups Gluten Free flour (I like Cup for Cup or Bobs Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup + 1 scoop organic protein (click here for 20% off Designer Protein)
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup unsulphured molasses
- 2/3 cup fine grain natural cane sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 large egg, well beaten
- 2 lemons, zest only
- 1.5 cup crystallized ginger, then finely minced, sparing 1/2 cup for garnish
- flaked sea salt for garnish (optional)
For the Drizzle:
- 10oz dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp organic protein
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, protein,baking soda, ground ginger and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine melted coconut oil, molasses, sugar, fresh ginger, egg and lemon zest. If using a standing mixer, use the paddle attachment to mix at a speed of 2-4 until evenly combined. If mixing by hand, use a whisk to combine the ingredients until smooth.
- In two additions, fold the flour mix into the wet mixture until there are no lumps. Be careful not to over mix. Fold in the crystallized ginger into the batter, reserving 1/2 cup for topping.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Whisk in the protein powder.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. Using a cookie scoop (or 1 tbsp) drop the dough in rounds 2 inches apart from one another. Set the dough in the freezer for 5 minutes before placing in the oven.
- Bake for 12 minutes, opening the oven at 8-9 minutes in to flatten the dough with a spatula. If you enjoy fluffy cookies, feel free to let the dough rise. Flattening the cookies makes them chewy.
- Let cool on an oven rack for 15-20 minutes. Drizzle with chocolate using a fork, then garnish with minced crystallized ginger and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- ENJOY with loved ones or with my Whiskey Chai.