Cacao Chia Mousse
Everyone likes to make chia puddings and everyone loves chocolate, right? Well they both have been blowing up my Instagram feed lately! I decided to of course create recipes that are a little different, healthier, but never comprising flavor. This creamy mousse is loaded with antioxidants and inflammatory ingredients and I bet even the kiddos will indulge!
1 cup New Barn Almond Milk
1/3 cup whole chia seeds
1 tablespoon cacao butter
1/4 cup cacao powder
1/2 tsp ground Ceylon cinnamon
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
sweetener: 5-6 dates or 10-15 drops of stevia
- Add all ingredients except sweetener to a mixing bowl and whisk to combine very well.
- Let rest covered in the fridge overnight or at least 3 hours. (It should become a pudding-like consistency, thick)
- Add mixture to a blender with sweetener of choice. Blend until completely smooth and creamy.
- Leftovers keep covered in the fridge for a couple days.
- Serve chilled with favorite toppings: I suggest berries, coconut shreds, cacao nibs, new barn ice cream, or coconut whipped cream.