Hot Cacao Mate with Maca and Coconut Whipped Cream
This drink is creamy and decadent and made with Guayaki yerba mate which makes it not just any hot cocoa. I loaded it up with coconut milk and spices to increase the absorption of antioxidants and minerals (yes healthy fats help with nutrient absorption).
Did you know that most hot cocoas are LOADED with added sugars!
- 8 ounces freshly brewed Yerba Mate (see video here on how to brew)
- 8 oz canned full fat organic BPA free coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil ( sub ghee or grass-fed butter)
- 3 tablespoons pure cacao powder, not cocoa which has sugar!
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 teaspoon honey or 10-15 drops liquid stevia
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
Top with Coconut whip cream (optional, but sometimes necessary! I will be posting a recipe on this next week)
- Heat the coconut milk in a saucepan until almost boiling. Stir in coconut oil, vanilla bean powder, cacao powder, and your choice of sweetener.
- Whisk until all ingredients are melted or you can blend it.
- Pour into mug and top with coconut whip cream.