Iced Bulletproof Yerba Mate
If you missed my first How-To Brew Yerba Mate video collab I did with Guayaki, then first check out those links because you will need to know how to brew mate. By brewing Yerba Mate properly, you will enhance all the nutritional benefits and get the most from this amazing plant product.
Below I will teach you how to make a super-charged summer version of a mate latte. Get ready to come to life!
Also, if you are wondering what the hype is on Bulletproof anyways, I talk about it here.
- 16 ounces Yerba Mate (see how to brew here)
- 2 tbsp grass fed ghee, because butter gets weird when it's cold
- 1-2 teaspoons green powder of choice - my fav is Beauty Greens or Vitamineral Greens, but there are tons out there, choose ones that have a lot of seaweeds
- Add 2 tbsp Brain Octane (for a more budget friendly option, you can use any MCT oil, but Brain Octane is the most bang for your buck!)
- 5-10 drops liquid stevia (optional)
Pour your french press brewed mate into a blender
Add Brain Octane
Add green powder
Drop in stevia (optional)
Blend for 15 seconds for frothy, mate latte goodness.
Pour over ice or blend ice for a healthy frappe!
Note: You can also add collagen powder to this, just make sure to do it at the end of blending and mix it in slowly to not damage the proteins.