Bulletproof Pumpkin Spiced ‘Latte’
This recipe is my healthy festive holiday spin on the traditional Pumpkin Latte you see at places like Starbucks. The difference is my recipe does not contain added sugars (Starbucks is about 65 grams) and additives that leave you feeling horrible and add to weight gain and low energy. My recipe is an upgraded Bulletproof Coffee recipe with pumpkin and spices that are packed with nutrients like beta-carotene, vitamin A, and antioxidants that help with brain function and boost energy, plus it tastes delicious!
- 16 ounces brewed coffee
- 2 Tablespoons Grass-Fed butter or Ghee if dairy intolerant
- 1-2 Tablespoons Brain Octane, or XCT oil or if you must, coconut oil
- 4 Tablespoons organic pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice or cinnamon & nutmeg mixed
- 1-2 teaspoons local raw honey or stevia drops to taste (I use about 3-5 drops per serving)
- 2 scoops Grass- fed collagen
- Optional: Full Fat Coconut Cream- I like to add coconut cream from Trader Joes for a creamer recipe. I use the top cream to whip for a whip cream, and the liquid part to splash into the latte.
Brew coffee by preferred method. I recommend drinking mold free coffee.
- In a blender, combine coffee, butter, Brain Octane, pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice/cinnamon. Cover and blend about 20 seconds, until frothy.
- Add collagen just to mix in, do not blend or your will ruin the protein in the collagen!
- Add sweetener to taste if desired.